Brief instructions for tea preparation
With the exception of oolong, where oolong preparation should be preferred, all other teas can be prepared in a similar way:
- It is best to use a glass jug for the infusion. A filter device is not necessary. The glass pot has the advantage that you can watch the tea leaves rise, which is a pleasure to the eye with high-quality green or white teas.
- The dosage depends on the tea varieties and personal preferences.
- A black or white tea should be infused with boiling water. A green tea can also be infused with 70°C hot water. Soft water with a pH value in the weakly acidic range is best.
- The infusion time should not exceed 3 minutes for most green tea varieties. The high-quality white tea "Yinzhen" can be steeped for up to 10 minutes. The black tea is somewhere in between, again depending on personal preferences.
- To serve, pour the infusion through a filter into a second pot. A Chinese porcelain pot or a clay pot from Yixing.
- Very important when serving high quality green tea: Do not serve anything sweet with it. The delicate, pleasant taste of the green tea is lost with the sweetness. The green tea only tastes bitter.